Haut Chassezac Canyon, «Freestyle» Full Day
Age range : 12 years old and +16 years old and +Adults
Difficulty : IntermediateAthletic
Season : SpringSummerAutomn
Duration : Full Day
From 75€/pers. (+ details)
Haut Chassezac Canyon, «Freestyle» Full Day | Villefort – Lozère
The Haut Chassezac Canyon is located in Lozère, in Prévenchères (48 800), down the medieval village of la Garde Guérin, meandering into granite gorges of 300 meters high.
This canyon course of Haut Chassezac is for sure the most beautiful canyon of the Cevennes.
Sunny, varied, playful, with magnificent landscapes and all of this in a temperate water (which is rare in canyon!), You will be confronted during this day of descent to a large part of the obstacles that one meets in canyoning. Jumps (never obligatory), reminders, passages on ropes, passages under blocks, natural slides, … here is the program of this descent.
The “Freestyle” version of this course is specially adapted for sensations lovers.
We also offer a “Relax” version of this canyon in full day, for the ones who want to discover this activity smoothly.
- Age : From 12 years old and 45 Kg.
- Period : From the beginning of April to the end of September.
- Conditions :
- Know how to swim and be comfortable in the water.
- Do not present any medical contraindication (heart problem, back problem, severe asthma, …). If you have any doubts, do not hesitate to send us your questions.
- Be able to hike for 5 hours.
- Acces : Approximately 20 minutes on a flat or way down trail.
- Return trip : About 1 hour (on a steep ascent).
- Outing duration : About 5 to 6 hours (picnic in the canyon).
Gear to bring
In order to guarantee maximum comfort during your outing, it is important to come equipped adequately. For that, you must bring:
- A swimsuit. Preferably clamped to the body in order to avoid creases in the combination, which may be uncomfortable during the descent. Please note that the access and return steps are made in swimsuit. For the most bashful of us, you can come with small shorts that you will put in the bag or into the can.
- Closed shoes that can hold the foot (like sneakers or hiking shoes). We advise not to come with water (or canoe) shoes because usualy they are not very solid and they do not hold the foot. As one feels always more comfortable in his/her own sneakers, we do not provide shoes for the canyon.
- A plastic water bottle or a strong water bottle of at least one ½ liter for two people. Even if the canyon is practiced in water, it is necessary to drink !
- A lanyard for the eyeglasses (sunglasses are useless in the canyon).
- Energy bars, to avoid small hungers.
- A SOLID picnic ! Avoid tomatoes, peaches, yoghurt, … The cans carrying meals are often thrown from the waterfalls and fragile things may not appreciate / survive.
- Avoid sunscreen. It is useless in the canyon because we wear an integral combination, and sunscreen pollutes the water of the river.
- Camera. If you bring your own camera, you are solely responsible for it. We can not be held responsible for any loss or break.
Your instructor will provide you with all the equipment required for the good practice of canyoning. This is why you will be equipped with:
- A harness with a double lanyard and a protective layer for the buttocks to allow you to move safely and slip down the slides.
- A 2 pieces neoprene suit. 5 mm thick, it will protect you from the cold, but also from minor complaints during your movements in the rocks.
- A helmet to prevent bumps in case of involuntary slidings.
- Neoprene socks. To keep your feet warm.
- A waterproof can and a canyon bag, to carry your picnic and your water.
- Individual: 80 €
- Group: 75 €
Price per person. Group rates from 8 people.
Discount for companies, collectivities or events (bachelor parties …) on request.
Canyoning is a “risky” activity; you must warn us for any recent or previous health problems when booking or before departure.
The practice of canyoning is subject to weather conditions, Gecco Aventure as well as the monitor reserve the right to cancel the exit if weather circumstances do not allow it to take place with the maximum security. For reimbursement, please refer to the general conditions of sale.
- Pictures taken during the outing can be used for commercial purposes by Gecco Aventure, unless otherwise indicated by you.
Included in the service :
- Supervision by a professional instructor, meeting legal requirements.
- Equipment complying with EPI standards
- Individual Accident Insurance
- Pictures of the outing (subject to camera availability)
Not included in the service:
- Transport to the place of the activity
The appointment with your instructor will be at 8h45 am at “Le National” Restaurant, 53 Place du Bosquet 48 800 Villefort.
“Le National” Restaurant, 53 Place du Bosquet 48 800 Villefort.
- From Les Vans : Take the D901 road, direction Villefort, and follow it for 25 kms. In Villefort (Lozère), continue on this road, the restaurant called “Le National” is on your left, at the end of the village.
- Schedule 1h15 from Vallon Pont d’Arc, 1hour from Joyeuse and 45 mins from Les Vans.
Warnings: Please pay attention to parking and drive slowly when crossing the villages.
We suggest NOT to use your GPS because of poor satellite reception.
Also, caring about the planet, prefer carpooling! We can help you car-sharing with the other participants of your outing.
You will also like
Haut Chassezac Canyon, «Freestyle» Half-Day
The Haut Chassezac Canyon is located in Lozère, in Prévenchères (48 800), down the medieval village of la Garde Guérin, meandering into granite gorges of 300 meters high. This canyon course of Haut Chassezac is for sure the most beautiful canyon of the Cevennes. Sunny, varied, playful, with magnificent landscapes and...
Villefort Lake’s Via Ferrata
Located on the granite cliffs overlooking Villefort Lake, on the border of Ardèche and Lozère, the Villefort Lake's Via-Ferrata is undoubtedly the most varied and playful course of the region. Facing Castanet castel, this Via-Ferrata runs along the cliffs on either side of a small canyon. During this half-day, you...
In the Borne valley, between the Ardèche and Lozère departments, the Fustugère canyon offers a very enclosed course with many verticals (from 10 to 20 meters) with strings and punctuated by a few jumps. Technical and committed, uncommon despite its aesthetic and technical interest, the Fustugere canyon will not...