Villefort Lake’s Via Ferrata
Age range : 10 years old and +12 years old and +Adults
Difficulty : DiscoveryIntermediateAthletic
Season : SpringSummerAutomnWinter
Duration : Half day
From 40€/pers. (+ details)
Villefort Lake’s Via-Ferrata | Villefort – Lozère
Located on the granite cliffs overlooking Villefort Lake, on the border of Ardèche and Lozère, the Villefort Lake’s Via-Ferrata is undoubtedly the most varied and playful course of the region.
Facing Castanet castel, this Via-Ferrata runs along the cliffs on either side of a small canyon. During this half-day, you will meet monkey bridges or Nepalese bridges, ladders, footbridges … and you will finish the course in apotheosis by a large zip-line of 50 meters.
Two courses with different difficulties are offered, as well as several escapes, which makes this course accessible to all, from 1m40 height.
Discover this course with the instructors of Gecco Aventure Ardèche in Joyeuse and Les Vans !
- Age : From 10 years old, or 1.40 meters height.
- Period : All year long.
- Conditions : Do not present any medical contraindication (heart desease, back problems, serious asthma…). In case of doubt, do not hesitate to ask us all of your questions.
- Access : 15 minutes walking.
- Walk back : 10 minutes.
- Activity time : 2h30 to 3 hours.
Gear to bring
In order to guarantee maximum comfort during your outing, it is important to come equipped adequately. For that, you must bring:
- Closed shoes that can hold the foot (like sneakers or hiking shoes).
- A plastic water bottle or a strong water bottle of at least one ½ liter for two people.
- A lanyard for the eye or sunglasses.
- An elastic for attaching long hair.
- Energy bars, to avoid small hungers.
- A small backpack.
- Camera. If you bring your own camera, you are solely responsible for it. We can not be held responsible for any loss or break.
Your instructor will provide you with all the equipment required for the good practice of Via-Ferrata. This is why you will be equipped with:
- A harness with a double lanyard of Via Ferrata with an absorber
- A helmet to prevent bumps in case of involuntary slidings.
- Individual: 45€
- Group: 40€
Price per person. Group rates from 6 people.
Discount for companies, collectivities or events (bachelor parties …) on request.
The practice of Via-Ferrata is subject to weather conditions, Gecco Aventure as well as the monitor reserve the right to cancel the exit if weather circumstances do not allow it to take place with the maximum security. For reimbursement, please refer to the general conditions of sale.
Pictures taken during the outing can be used for commercial purposes by Gecco Aventure, unless otherwise indicated by you.
Included in the service :
- Supervision by a professional instructor, meeting legal requirements.
- Equipment complying with EPI standards
- Individual Accident Insurance
- Pictures of the outing (subject to camera availability)
Not included in the service:
- Transport to the place of the activity
The appointment with your instructor will be at 8h45 am at “Le National” Restaurant, 53 Place du Bosquet 48 800 Villefort.
“Le National” Restaurant, 53 Place du Bosquet 48 800 Villefort.
- From Les Vans : Take the D901 road, direction Villefort, and follow it for 25 kms. In Villefort (Lozère), continue on this road, the restaurant called “Le National” is on your left, at the end of the village.
- Schedule 1h15 from Vallon Pont d’Arc, 1hour from Joyeuse and 45 mins from Les Vans.
Warnings: Please pay attention to parking and drive slowly when crossing the villages.
We suggest NOT to use your GPS because of poor satellite reception.
Also, caring about the planet, prefer carpooling! We can help you car-sharing with the other participants of your outing.
You will also like
Haut Chassezac Canyon, «Freestyle» Half-Day
The Haut Chassezac Canyon is located in Lozère, in Prévenchères (48 800), down the medieval village of la Garde Guérin, meandering into granite gorges of 300 meters high. This canyon course of Haut Chassezac is for sure the most beautiful canyon of the Cevennes. Sunny, varied, playful, with magnificent landscapes and...
Pont du Diable Via Ferrata
In Thueyts, on the cliffs of an ancient volcanic basin overlooking the Ardeche River, the Pont du Diable Via-Ferrata is an accessible path offering an unusual point of view. This route, close to Aubenas or Largentière, is punctuated by ladders, monkey bridges, footbridges and a large zip-line of 90 meters,...
Haut Chassezac Canyon, «Family» Full-Day
The Haut Chassezac Canyon is located in Lozère, in Prévenchères (48 800), down the medieval village of La Garde Guérin, meandering into granite gorges of 300 meters high. This canyon course of Haut Chassezac is for sure the most beautiful canyon of the Cevennes. Sunny, varied, playful, with magnificent landscapes and...