Casteljau Via Corda
Age range : 8 years old and +10 years old and +12 years old and +16 years old and +Adults
Difficulty : FamilyDiscoveryIntermediateAthletic
Season : SpringSummerAutomnWinter
Duration : Half day
From 35€/pers. (+ details)
Casteljau Via Corda | Casteljau – Ardèche
Not far from the village of Les Vans in Casteljau, Ardèche, on the limestone cliffs of the Bois de Païolive overlooking the Chassezac river, this via-corda route offers many surprises in the wonderful setting of the Chassezac gorges.
On this course, you will move horizontally along a life-line, 45 meters height above the river, meeting on your way small monkey bridges, a small zip-line, a passage in a cave and you will end in apotheosis by a 45 meters abseiling in spider wire. After the effort, a little swim in the Chassezac will refresh you !
This via-corda can be practiced in our pack “Chassezac” by coupling it on the same day with the canoeing descent of the Chassezac, in partnership with the canoe base CCC in Les Vans.
- Age: From 8 years old, or 1.30 meters high.
- Period: All year long.
- Conditions : Do not present any medical contraindication (heart desease, back problems, serious asthma…). In case of doubt, do not hesitate to ask us all of your questions.
- Access: 10 minutes walking.
- Walk back: 10 minutes.
- Activity time: about 1h30.
Gear to bring
In order to guarantee maximum comfort during your outing, it is important to come equipped adequately. For that, you must bring:
- Closed shoes that can hold the foot (like sneakers or hiking shoes).
- A plastic water bottle or a strong water bottle of at least one ½ liter for two people.
- A lanyard for the eye or sunglasses.
- An elastic for attaching long hair.
- Energy bars, to avoid small hungers.
- A small backpack.
- Camera. If you bring your own camera, you are solely responsible for it. We can not be held responsible for any loss or break.
Your instructor will provide you with all the equipment required for the good practice of Via Corda. This is why you will be equipped with:
- A harness with a double lanyard to evolve along the lifeline
- A helmet to prevent bumps.
- Individual:40 €
- Group: 35 €
- Children under 10: 35€
Price per person. Group rates from 8 people.
Discount for companies, collectivities or events (bachelor parties …) on request.
- The practice of Via Corda in Ardeche is subject to weather conditions, GECCO Aventure as well as the monitor reserve the right to cancel the exit if weather circumstances do not allow it to take place with the maximum security. For reimbursement, please refer to the general conditions of sale.
- It is imperative to report any health problems, recent or old, at the time of your registration.
- Pictures taken during the outing can be used for commercial purposes by GECCO Aventure, unless otherwise indicated by you.
Included in the service:
- Supervision by a professional instructor, meeting legal requirements.
- Equipment conforms to standards
- Pictures of the outing (subject to camera availability)
Not included in the service:
- Personal Insurance
- Transport to the place of the activity
The appointment with your instructor will be at 8.45 am or 1.30 pm on the Agachou parking, in Berrias et Casteljau (07 460).
Agachou parking, Berrias et Casteljau (07 460).
- From Les Vans: Take the D104 road, direction Aubenas. After 5 kms, turn right on the D452 road, following Belambra of Casteljau direction. 150 meters before the Belambra, you will find the Agachou parking on your right.
- From Joyeuse : Take the D104 road in direction of Les Vans. 5 kms before les Vans, turn left on the D452 road, following Belambra of Casteljau direction. 150 meters before the Belambra, you will find the Agachou parking on your right.
From Vallon Pont d’Arc : Take the D579 road folowing Ruoms direction. After 7kms, at the roundabout, turn left on D111 in Alès direction. Continue untill the stop at the D104 and D111 intersection. Turn right, Aubenas direction. After 1km, turn left on the D252 road, Casteljau direction. Drive for 3 more kms folowing Belambra de Casteljau direction. Pass the Belambra, continue for 150 meters, the Agachou parking will be on your left.
Schedule 35 minutes from Vallon Pont d’Arc, 15 minutes from Les Vans, 20 minutes from Joyeuse and 50 mins from Aubenas.
Warnings: Please pay attention to parking and drive slowly when crossing the villages.
We suggest NOT to use your GPS because of poor satellite reception.
Also, caring about the planet, prefer carpooling! We can help you car-sharing with the other participants of your outing.
You will also like
Bas Chassezac Canyon «Family» | Half Day
A little paradise between Ardèche and Lozère, the Bas Chassezac aquatic hike will know how to please all the members of the family, from the smallest to the oldest. From 6 years old. Ideal for discovering canyoning in family, this course, suitable for children (from 6 years old) and families, is...
Pont du Diable Via Ferrata
In Thueyts, on the cliffs of an ancient volcanic basin overlooking the Ardeche River, the Pont du Diable Via-Ferrata is an accessible path offering an unusual point of view. This route, close to Aubenas or Largentière, is punctuated by ladders, monkey bridges, footbridges and a large zip-line of 90 meters,...