Ecouges Canyon Upper Part – Half Day
Age range : 16 years old and +Adults
Difficulty : IntermediateAthletic
Season : SpringSummer
Duration : Half day
From 80€/pers. (+ details)
Ecouges Canyon Upper Part – Half Day | St Gervais – Isère
The ecouges canyon is one of the most beautiful canyons in France and even in Europe. It is located in Vercors 30 minutes from Grenoble.
You will evolve in the first part of the canyon, very steep and which offers a series of magnificent waterfalls including one of 65 meters.
- Age : From 16 years old.
- Period : From June to September.
- Conditions :
- Know how to swim and be comfortable in the water.
- Do not present any medical contraindication (heart problem, back problem, severe asthma, …). If you have any doubts, do not hesitate to send us your questions.
- Be able to hike for 5 hours.
- Acces : Approximately 5 minutes.
- Return trip : 5 minutes (by car).
- Outing duration : About 4h30.
Gear to bring
In order to guarantee maximum comfort during your outing, it is important to come equipped adequately. For that, you must bring:
- A swimsuit. Preferably clamped to the body in order to avoid creases in the combination, which may be uncomfortable during the descent. Please note that the access and return steps are made in swimsuit. For the most bashful of us, you can come with small shorts that you will put in the bag or into the can.
- Closed shoes that can hold the foot (like sneakers or hiking shoes). We advise not to come with water (or canoe) shoes because usualy they are not very solid and they do not hold the foot. As one feels always more comfortable in his/her own sneakers, we do not provide shoes for the canyon.
- A plastic water bottle or a strong water bottle of at least one ½ liter for two people. Even if the canyon is practiced in water, it is necessary to drink !
- A lanyard for the eyeglasses (sunglasses are useless in the canyon).
- Energy bars, to avoid small hungers.
- Avoid sunscreen. It is useless in the canyon because we wear an integral combination, and sunscreen pollutes the water of the river.
- Camera. If you bring your own camera, you are solely responsible for it. We can not be held responsible for any loss or break.
Your instructor will provide you with all the equipment required for the good practice of canyoneering. This is why you will be equipped with:
- A harness with a double lanyard and a protective layer for the buttocks to allow you to move safely and slip down the slides.
- A 2 pieces neoprene suit. 5 mm thick, it will protect you from the cold, but also from minor complaints during your movements in the rocks.
- A helmet to prevent bumps in case of involuntary slidings.
- Neoprene socks. To keep your feet warm.
- A canyon bag, to carry your water.
- Individual: 85€
- Group: 80€
Price per person. Group rates from 6 people.
Discount for companies, collectivities or events (bachelor parties …) on request.
- The practice of Canyoneering in Isère is subject to weather conditions, GECCO Aventure as well as the monitor reserve the right to cancel the exit if weather circumstances do not allow it to take place with the maximum security. For reimbursement, please refer to the general conditions of sale.
- It is imperative to report any health problems, recent or old, at the time of your registration.
- Pictures taken during the outing can be used for commercial purposes by GECCO Aventure, unless otherwise indicated by you.
Included in the service:
- Supervision by a professional instructor, meeting legal requirements.
- Equipment conforms to standards
- Pictures of the outing (subject to camera availability)
Not included in the service:
- Personal Insurance
- Transport to the place of the activity
The appointment with your instructor will be at the church of St Gervais (38470).
Church of St Gervais (38470).
- Schedule 45 from Grenoble and 45 min from Valence.
Warnings: Please pay attention to parking and drive slowly when crossing the villages.
We suggest NOT to use your GPS because of poor satellite reception.
Also, caring about the planet, prefer carpooling! We can help you car-sharing with the other participants of your outing.
You will also like
Oule Waterfall Via Ferrata
The Via Ferrata of the Oule Waterfall, is located in Chartreuse, between Crolles and St Hilaire du Touvet in Isère. This Via Ferrata, presenting 2 routes. The "Vire des Lavandières": This first route, the easiest, goes as close as possible to the Oule waterfall. After a first part of vertical ascent,...
Via Ferrata of St Christophe en Oisans
Located in St Christophe en Oisans, in the heart of the Oisans mountains, above the Vénéon river, this Via Ferrata is the most alpine we can offer. Ladders and walkways await you along this major route along the cliffs of the Vénéon valley. A good plan to cool off...